We are a company of professional marine surveyors. Our staff consists of experienced personnel with a total dedication to the marine industry.
As an independent surveying company we represent many sectors of the industry. At all times we act with integrity providing unbiased opinions. Our expertise allows us to cover a wide range of sectors within the marine industry we have in the following pages of this site details of our services.
Besides our coverage within New Zealand our services have taken us to Australia and to the Islands in the Southern Pacific Ocean. We also have experience with working in such countries like Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Mexico, Indonesia and UK. We hope you will obtain from this site the information you are seeking and that we can be of service to you.
Our services in brief include: cargo surveys, hull surveys P&I surveys, ISM/ISPS/ISO audits, technical management and superintendency, insurance inspection assessment and adjusting, NZ Safe Ship Management of resident commercial vessels, marine consultancy. These are expanded on within this site.
Dunsford Marine Limited was established in Auckland New Zealand in 1953 by Master Mariner, Captain Warwick Dunsford. Although the company has changed ownership within this time the company is still privately owned and operated providing the independence required to carry out survey work for the various sectors of the industry.
Since the company’s inauguration there has been many changes to the local and international marine industry. We have moved with these changes in order to meet the needs of the industry and our clients.
The Company operates to a quality systems and is Certified to ISO 9001 – 2008 by BVQI in order to provide our clients with the standard of service required.
The strength of our Company is our experience and knowledge of the industry and our independence to carry out professional unbiased surveys and the qualifications/experience and integrity of it’s surveyors in conducting their work.
Representatives in New Zealand for:
- Antigua & Barbuda Flag State Inspections
- Assurance Foreningen SKULD, Norway
- Beckmann & Jorgensen International Ltd, Antwerp, Belgium
- Bureau Veritas
- Cotecna, Switzerland
- Inspectorate Worldwide Services, London
- International Naval Survey Bureau, Piraeus, Greece
- Leatec S.A., Blonay, Switzerland
- Shin Nihon Kentai Kyokai, Tokyo, Japan
- St. Kitts & Nevis Flag Statute Inspections
- WARTA Insurance & Reinsurance Co. Ltd, Poland
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT, ISM, ISPS, ISO AUDITS
This service covers technical and crewing management to the local or overseas ship owners or ship operators as well as technical superintendency. It also includes:
- Vessel’s regular inspections on behalf of overseas superintendent
- Preparation of dry-dock/lay-up specification list as well as dry-dock/lay-up supervision
- Implementation and maintenance of the ISM or ISPS codes as well as internal audits carried out by certified auditors
- Implementation and maintenance of the ISO 9001 – 2000 quality standard as well as internal audits carried out by certified auditors
- Risk assessment and risk management