B&S is an international wholesaler and distributor of fast-moving consumer goods across a range of niche markets. Our business is to serve our clients’ needs, and we achieve this by providing best-in-class-service at all levels of the company. Along the entire supply chain, we use our knowledge and experience to develop practical solutions to clients’ day-to-day challenges. We act as a trustworthy partner, taking over our clients’ tasks and working actively with them to achieve their ambitions. But no matter which service we’re providing, our goal remains the same as it did when we started 145 years ago: to provide clients with reliable, long-term solutions, while continuing to grow their business, and our own.
With over 140 years experience in the maritime industry, we believe we know how the market operates. We deliver a full range of bonded, food and non-food items to ship chandlers globally, using single source supply to maximize efficiency and provide clients with the most cost-effective solutions.
Supply Chain Management
Effective supply chain management begins with an intimate understanding of your clients’ needs. Only then can you begin the process of managing and coordinating the distribution of goods from point A to point B.
So what makes our supply chain management so special?
- With a head office and state-of-the-art logistics centers located next to the Port of Rotterdam – Europe’s largest – we have direct access to one of the world’s greatest distribution centers.
- Our transit centers utilize some of the most sophisticated warehousing equipment to optimize accuracy and efficiency.
- Voice-directed warehousing cuts order-picking times, while our compact warehousing system has increased storage capacity by 33%.
- We provide fully bonded warehousing, as well as multi-temperature storage and onward transportation.
- Each day our logistics centers consolidate a huge array of clients’ goods, dispatching multiple truckloads containing a vast combination of different goods, with individual items, boxes, or trays of goods all shipping in one load.
- All this adds up to storing, moving, and handling over 100 million kilos of goods per year.