LOTT INSPECTION SDN. BHD.
LOTT INSPECTION SDN. BHD. was incorporated in April 1986 by a group of highly competent and well-recognized NDT professionals. From a humble beginning, Lott Inspection Sdn.Bhd. has grown to a strength of 100 staffs.
LOTT has been ISO certified since 2006 and has in 2010 upgraded the certification to ISO 9001:2008.
Always looking towards providing quality services, the Company is now have been accredited to MS ISO/IEC 17020: 1998 by MIBAS and NDT Firm Approval Program NDT402B by DNV-GL.
We believe in QUALITY SERVICE, our motto, through training and professionalism and long-term relationships, which will benefit all parties.
The list of satisfied customers and projects successfully completed are good testimony of our commitment and recognition.
Industrial Sectors Served
- Oil and gas industries, on shore and off-shore
- Petrochemical refineries and facilities
- Marine Industry
- Civil Construction
- Fabrication Yards and Workshops – Pressure Vessels, Skids, Off-shore facilities, etc.
- Palm oil mills and oleo chemical plants.
- Power generation
- Pulp and paper mills
- Transport and food processing facilities
- Oil and gas transmission pipelines
Industrial Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ir-192 (gamma ray) for general industries
- Co-60 (gamma ray) for heavy wall structures
- Se-75 (gamma ray) for thin wall materials
- Portable X-Ray Machine
- Weld inspection & corrosion/condition monitoring
- Casting and forging inspection
Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Flaw detection in welding
- Thickness gauging for pressure vessels, storage tanks, boiler tubes, etc
- Measurement of apparent attenuation in relation to hydrogen attack
- Crack detection – Austenitic and Duplex Stainless Steel
Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Dry and wet magnetic particles
- Color contrast and fluorescence particles
- AC Yoke, DC Yoke, coil and induction methods
Liquid Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Color contrast and fluorescence dye
- Solvent removable and water washable dye
Ultrasonic Corrosion Survey
- B-Scan corrosion mapping with Krautkramer DMS-2/ Panametric 36DL for piping, pressure vessels and storage tanks
Automated Ultrasonic Testing (P-Scan)
- Computerized data acquisition and motorized scanner with powerful magnetic wheels for pulse-echo, corrosion mapping and time-of-flight-diffraction (TOFD) inspection technique
- Hydrogen Induced Cracking (HIC) detection and monitoring
- UT corrosion mapping, crack detection at high level without scaffolding for spherical tanks, vertical storage tanks, pressure vessels, etc.Phase Array UT
- Automatic data acquisition with automated scanner for weld inspection, corrosion mapping, and crack detection
- Inspection at high level without scaffolding for sphericon tanks, vertical storage tank, pressure vessel etc
Phased Array UT
- Phase Array technology generates an ultrasonic beam with the capability of setting parameters such as angle, focal distance and focal size through software
- Automated data acquisition with scanner for weld inspection. Semi-automated corrosion mapping and condition monitoring/crack detection
- Greater flexibility for the inspection of complex geometry
- DMA probe for austenitic material inspection
Computed Radiography (CR)
- Filmless radiography for detection of corrosion under insulation, on-stream monitoring, valve inspection, etc
- Digital image can be enhanced for detail evaluation and measurement
- Computed radiography provides better archiving/retrieving or management of information and data, remote diagnosis through internet, no chemical processing environment and great reduction in exposure time which makes a lot of previously “impossible” become “possible”
Eddy Current Testing (ET) and Remote Field Testing (RFT)
- Ferro- & Non-ferromagnetic tubing inspection of heat exchangers, condensers etc
- SLOFEC for tank floor inspection, on-stream pipeline and vessel inspection
- EddyMax software provides immediate inspection result and plugging plan at client’s specified threshold value
- Partially saturated/magnetic biased eddy current testing for ferrous tubes
Surface Eddy Current Testing and Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM)
- Detection and depth measurement of surface breaking crack detection on ferrous and non-ferrous materials, coating thickness measurement, material sorting.
- Major applications in onshore & offshore structure, support for vessels & tanks, bridges, railways, cranes, turbine blades, etc.
- Chloride Stress Corrosion Cracking (CI-SCC) detection on austenitic stainless steel pressure vessels and piping at elevated temperature.
- Accurate crack depth measurement using ACFM method.
Guided Wave Testing (GWT)
- Guided Wave Testing is UT Wave propagating along the length of pipe or structure guided by and confined within the geometry boundary travels long range.
- The system using Magnetostrictive Sensor (MsS) generates Torsional Wave operates in frequency range of 10 KHz to 250 KHz. GWT is used as a fast screening tool that provides comprehensive information on the condition of large areas of structure or pipeline with minimum single contact point . To detect corrosion, other anomaly and permanent long term monitoring tools as following areas:
:: Above ground piping
:: Pipeline at road crossing
:: Buried steel pipe works
:: Boiler tube
:: Detection of corrosion under insulation (CUI)
:: Pipe Support
:: Anchor Bolts
:: Use as permanent monitoring for corrosion
:: Inspection of inaccessible areas
:: High temperature piping, pipeline, pressure vessel etc.
Ferrite Content Measurement
- Measurement range is 0.1 to 80% Fe or 0.1 to 110 FN.
- Measurement of the ferrite content in: Duplex steel, Austenitic steel welds (tubes, sheets), Normal steel with austenitic chrome alloy steel welded cladding (boilers, vessels).
- Digitizing analog radiographic films offers many benefits and advantages.
- Digitization provides an efficient, portable, cost effective method of storage, transporting and viewing of the film.
Positive Material Identification
- To identify material composition with RFT instruments
- To determine the suitability of a material or the particular treatment to which the material has been subjected to
- Equotip – Ultrasonic Resonance – King Brinell
Specialized NDT Services in collaboration with Applus RTD
- Automated Ultrasonic Testing System “ROTOSCAN” for girth butt welds in cross country and submarine pipelines.
- Pipeline Inspection Tool (PIT) with umbilical cord for “unpiggable” pipelines inspection.
Specialized NDT Services in collaboration with FORCE Technology
- Subsea Automated Ultrasonic Testing for weld inspection, corrosion mapping and pipe ovality check.
- Subsea inspection using Eddy Current Testing for crack detection.
Plant Routine Turn-Around and Maintenance Inspection
- Baseline inspection and non-intrusive inspection in support of RBI
Risk Base Inspection (RBI)
- Baseline inspection and non-intrusive inspection in support of RBI
Technical Man-Power Supply
- Visual/Welding Inspector, Painting Inspector, Electrical & Instrument Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, QA/QC Engineer
NDT Consultancy and Outside Level III Agency
- To recommended, prepare, establish and approve NDT procedures
- ASNT Level III for ASME U-Stamp review
- Training and certification of NDT personnel
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) EU requirement